- 11 April 2015 time 11:00
Saturday 11 April 2015
International Slow Art Day is an event that takes place simultaneously in different museums all over the world. Palazzo Strozzi is participating again in 2015, offering visitors a new way to experience the exhibition Power and Pathos: Bronze Sculpture of the Hellenistic World.
Slow Art Day is split into two parts:
– at 11.00 each participant is invited to independently observe five works of art slowly, devoting 10 to 15 minutes to each work. Participants will be given a booklet full of ideas to accompany their experience.
– at 13.30 the workshop area will be made available to host conversations in small groups to wind down the visit and provide an opportunity for sharing ideas and views. Also at this time, anyone wishing to bring lunch from home or buy it at Caffè Apollo on the ground floor of the Palazzo Strozzi courtyard may do so.
Try the experience of observing art slowly… and then tell us on Facebook or Twitter (@palazzostrozzi) how it went and what you discovered!
To take part in Slow Art Day sign up now on:
There is no charge for this activity, but a ticket to the exhibition is required.
Admission: adults € 8.00; children € 4.00.
In the exhibition: the observation activity takes about 90 minutes (recommended start time at 11.00).
Group conversation: 13.30 in the Workshop located on the First Floor.
Languages: Italian and English.
Discover Slow Art Day booklets for Power and Pathos and previous exhibition.
- Slow Art Day Power and Pathos
- Slow Art Day Pontormo and Rosso
- Slow Art Day The Springtime of the Renaissance