With Many Voices is the Fondazione Palazzo Strozzi’s scheme for people with Alzheimer’s, their families and the professionals who care for them.
The scheme is devised by the Fondazione’s Education Department and is implemented in conjunction with expert geriatric educators.
With Many Voices offers people living with Alzheimer’s the opportunity to express themselves through art and proposes a model for communication that is still possible. In urging participants to resort to their imagination rather than to their memory, to their creativity rather than to their logical and cognitive capabilities, we enhance each one’s ability to communicate. After an experimental phase in 2011, the scheme became a regular fixture in the Palazzo Strozzi Education Department’s programme in March 2012 and was opened up to families as well as to residents in special care homes.
With the suspension of on-site activities due to the health crisis, the scheme has continued in remote mode with proposals linked to the artistic projects developed over the years in conjunction with contemporary artists and inspired by Palazzo Strozzi’s exhibitions. Every week we send all participants a few simple activities that can be performed at home and subsequently shared with the community as a whole.
The contributions received from the participants have been collected and can be read in With many voices – At the window (Italian only). More detailed information on the remote proposals can be found in our on-line column IN TOUCH.
The artists who have taken part in the project since 2016 are Virginia Zanetti, Cristina Pancini, Marina Arienzale and Caterina Sbrana.
The activity is completely free of charge and is held in Italian.
You will need a reservation in order to take part.
For information and reservations
To explore the projects in collaboration with the artists:
- Muri, project with Virginia Zanetti for the Ai Weiwei. Libero exhibition (Italian only)
- Caterina, project with Cristina Pancini for the Bill Viola. Electronic Renaissance exhibition
- Leggieri, project with Cristina Pancini for the Cinquecento in Florence exhibition (Italian only)
- Possible Flocks, a collective experiment with Marina Arienzale for the Dawn of a Nation exhibition
Download the publication produced to tie in with past exhibitions:
- With many voices for the exhibition Ai Weiwei. Free
- With many voices for the exhibition Bill Viola. Electronic Renaissance
- With many voices for the exhibition The Cinquecento in Florence
- With many voices for the exhibition Dawn of a Nation
- With many voices for the exhibition Marina Abramović. The Cleaner